Thursday, October 24, 2013

Balance

For almost two years now I have been teaching a Yoga class at the YMCA.
Originally, I started to do it because I couldn't afford a membership, but I really wanted to work out.
--Because I just wanted a small break in my day.--
{I had three kids in 3.5 years, remember.}
So I would work out, sit in the chapel, make a couple calls.
It was glorious.
 
Then Mary Kay came into my life.
And I could afford the membership,
but I kept teaching YOGA anyway.
I really do love it.
 
 
Anyway, we do a balance pose in my class.
It's always right after the work poses, right before the stretching poses.
I remind my students that life is about balance:
Balance between work, home life, family, hobbies. Everything.
 
 
So, what I'm trying to say is, I'm back to blogging.
I'm re-finding my new balance.
 
 
When I started Mary Kay I became more busy,
but I also became more productive.
And I let blogging go for a while...but I'm back!
 
I'm creating more balance in my life and I am happy with the decisions I am making...and have made.
 
 
 
I mean, blogging never gave me a free car or anything...
{Or extra money to pay for Lincoln to go to graduate school,
or a Kate Spade handbag, or free massages,
or way more self confidence, or amazing trips,
or the opportunity to meet and get to know
 emotionally stable and mentally sane women.}
 
 
 
Ok, maybe I exaggerate, blogging did give me some of those things,
 but it can't hold a candle to how my heart feels about Mary Kay.
 
I love where I am at.
I love where I am going.
I love my family.
I love my life.
 
 
Thanks for being patient!
 
 
What do y'all want to hear about?
Christmas last year? The free car? The cutest little girls in the entire world?
The first lost teeth? Kindergarten?
My best beauty secrets?
THE CRUISE!!!  Where to start?!?!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Fielding said...

So glad you are back.
I love you by the way!

Sue said...

Great to see you back! And I'm ready to hear all about everything, one post at a time...

=)

Annik said...

Yay welcome back!! :D

Sara said...

I don't care what you write about. I'm just so dang glad you're back!

Bridget said...

Welcome back!

Elise said...

Meeting mentally sane and emotionally stable women - hahahahahahaha That is the closest I've come to being sold on joining Mary Kay! Because there are a lot of crazy ladies out there!!! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...